Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 3rd weekend, belated 4th of July BBQ, and MISTI organized trip of July 12th


Baih Garden

view from my hotel room

where Jesus was cleaned and prepared after being crucified

Under it there is a rock where Jesus was crucified on


Spot where Jesus rested his hand during his walk to be crucified

Western Wall


hotel Dan courtesy of MIT




Ein Gedi amazing beauty



Masada

SUN!

sun riseee

top of Masada, like a champ

Masada

bench press at the dead sea lol



Hey guys, sorry I slacked off on my blog :P heh heh. I been busy having too much fun and a lil tired from too much fun lol. And also working of course. So I will update you on what I did starting from July 3rd weekend.

So that weekend I decided to go to swim in the Dead sea and to visit Ein Gedi (one of the most beautiful nature wonders I have ever seen) So I got to the dead sea with couple of my friends, swam for a long time in the sea and then slept under the starts on the beach till about 11pm. Then we woke up and met up with the other group who arrived at 11 and we decided to walk 11 miles to the Masada(in order to save money lol) We walked at night for about 3 hours so we were almost there to the Masada and then we got hitch hiked by the police officers. It was kinda sketchy because the police officer seemed alright, but the other car he brought was a huge junky truck.. looked kinda dnagerous, and of course the group voted me to be the one riding in the truck while they get to ride in a nice sedan with the police officer who seemed legit, while I was left with these two guys who seemed a little sketchy. yeah sure let Richard Yoon get his ass raped, while we safely travel..... lol jk jk, I volunteered to take the sketchy truck anyways lol. But these two guys were real nice and they brought us safely to Masada. At the Masada it was about 2am and the security guard at the masada wouldnt let us in, and infact try to kick us out to the camp area, so our polcie buddies went to work on him and told them that we will be staying at the bus stop right next to Masada, not the camp site 4 miles or so down. (yeah damn right son, I roll deep with my israeli popo's get at me) anywyas so we jsut slept at the bus stop till it opend at 4 am, and we hurridly climbed the masada to catch the sunrise. The hike was awesome, and the view was amazing. After the clmib, we went and clmibed many valleys in Ein Gedi and also swam in the pulls that were in the valley. We also walked through the water route where we were walking through swamps. I felt like an adventurer. It was fun. Then after alot of hiking and hanging out, we went back to the beach to go to sleep. sleeping under the night sky was pretty amazing. Next day we went and clmibed more and more valleys and had alot of fun. And then problem sturck, it was shabbat and no buses were wroking and there were no buses to Beer Sheba... where I have to go in order to get to Sed Boker. So me and my friend hitch hiked, and go hitch hiked by cool tourists from sweden. then bargained a cheap sheruti and got to jeuraslm. Then form Jeursalm we took the bus back to BeerSheba. It was a pretty epic time.

For 4th of July since I just got back from my trip, I didn't prepare anyhting, so me and my postdoc decided to have a huge party on 5th of July, belated 4th of july BBQ. We went shoping for food, hot dogs, burgers, saldas, beer, wine, etc etc, and threw a party. Alot of ppl came to the party that night, and some even brought their own food and some brought wine :), and it was alot of fun, music through the night, chilling, joking around, not much of dancing, but yeah. I had alot of fun hangingout with ppl and being a good host, hosting ppl and etc. I got few compliments after the party saying that was a real good party and that I was an awesome host/chef heh heh :) but that night went well.

Now for the weekend of July 10th, I went on an organized trip with MIT. We went to lots of places ranging from Jeuraslm, Caserea, Bahi Garden, Tel Aviv, Sea of Galilei, and etc and it was a ton of fun. We also had numerous guest speakers that englightend us with technological and social information and studies. We visited the holocause museum, which was very interesting and amazing. although quite depressing. And we also went to an israeli concert by a guy named Kobi Aflalo. He was pretty good. [one of his popular songs](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfBXTDDh9eY) We also went and had dinner at the drooves,-a different religous group that lives in Israel. Also at Jeuraslm I visited many places, touhed the western wall, and touched the stone where Jesus was crucified, where his body was prepared, and where his hand laid to rest during his walk to be crucified. I also bought a shirt that said Guns and Moses, except the shirt guy messed up the stiching on so my shirt is horribly crooked :( but it;s ok it makes it authentic ;) Also on Saturday I went to a synagouge for a service, and it was a very interesting experience. I was very surpirsed at how relaxed and easy going the people were at this services, and how modest these synagouges were. No golden jewlery and decorations, but just men and women with the Torah in a room, it was quite inspiring. But all in all this weekend was awesome. And this comming weekend I will probably go hiking near Sed Boker, and won't travel far. The reason is because I am volunteering with some NGO's to go teach English to Beadowin children. Infact I jsut came back from 3 hours of preperation, and I will be teaching this friday morning for 2 hours. haha preapring the material, drawing figures, and making work sheets, reminded me of my time back in the days when I was learning English. Knowledge is treasure eh? And I am very excited to be able to share my knowledge with these children. alright, I am pretty tiered, I will stop rambling on. Shalom my friends. Leila Tov -good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment