Saturday, June 12, 2010

first weekend at Israel





I arrived to Tel Aviv airport on the evening of June 10th, and right when I stepped out of the plane I got security checked by the air port (which I don't really blame them for because I was the only Asian person in that flight), but moving on I met with my Taxi driver name Yossi and I had to drive for 2 hours from Tel Aviv to Sed Boqer, (which is basically going from North or Israel to South of Israel). The taxi driver wasn't very good at English and I wasn't very, rather not good at all, in Hebrew so we had an interesting conversation... or it seemed like a conversation. I picked up some Hebrew from him and reviewed a little bit as well. I arrived to Professor Feiman's house (professor I will be working with) and had dinner at his house. His wife is a very nice person and she cooked up some delicious spinach pie and rice and more. Professor Feiman also got me some emergency supply in case I would go hungry , which consisted of 2 cans of Gold Star beer, apples, and tea. And Professor Feiman and I drank numerous cans of beer throughout dinner, which I kinda got an Asian glow from lol, and I think his wife was laughing at the fact that I was glowing. At the dinner I also met this pretty kick ass German Engineer who was working on the project as well and he's a real nice guy. In fact the next day he gave me a tour of the place and my surroundings, made me breakfast, took me grocery shopping, and introduced me to some of other friends whom we had lunch with. (I prepared the salad, I was proud) But man so far I have only eaten healthy food in Israel, I only had vegetables and cheese so far. But I actually kinda like this diet. I think I might stick to eat and get a little healthier. After lunch we went to flea market and checked that out. mm and then we hung out for a bit more and I went back to my dorm to sleep because I was way too jet legged. Then I woke up took a quick jog and took some pictures, then did some P90X haha. Then I took a shower and went to the bar night in which friends I met from the afternoon invited me to. We saw some soccer games, drank some gold star and had a good time. Now tmr is Saturday which is the last day of my weekend. Our weekends here are Friday night and Saturday, and then work starts on Sunday. Tmr morning I am having breakfast with Chris and some of his other friends, and then I may go hiking, or if not I am going to run around a bit more take some pictures, go to the pool or just chilax, till my work starts on Sunday. and I was suppose to go on a trip to Sea of Galleli this weekend, but I couldn't make it due to my late arrival and etc, I was kinda bumbed out, but I think figuring out where the hell I am, and knowing my surroundings is first and foremost lol. but after I am settled down, I am planning on traveling every weekend. Oh and sorry I don't have that many pictures, I am not really use to taking pictures lol but I will attach some of the scenery and my guest room (which by the way is really nice, almost like a holiday in, nice fridge, cable TV, room service) alright well Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment